Who WE ARE
SHUAILab or the SUTD HUman Augmentation & Interaction Laboratory, is a Human Computer Interaction (HCI) research lab, located in the Singapore University of Technology and Design (SUTD). SHUAILab stands for Our research interests are broad, but we tend to focus on interaction with mobile and wearable devices, assistive technologies, virtual and augmented reality. The lab was founded by Kenny Choo and Simon Perrault, who are faculty in the Information Systems Technology and Design pillar in SUTD.
- CHI 2021: One Civic Tech Paper AcceptedDespite a challenging summer and a global pandemic, our lab managed to get one paper accepted at CHI 2021. The paper’s title is “Nudge for Reflection: More than Just a Channel […]
- “Task-Based Effectiveness of Interactive Contiguous Area Cartograms” accepted in TVCGOur collaboration paper with Professor Gastner‘s team (Yale-NUS) was accepted earlier this week and will appear in IEEE Transactions on Visualization and Computer Graphics (TVCG) very soon! The focus of the […]
- Zeynep won 1st prize at the SUTD 3MT!Our lab member Zeynep won 1st prize in the SUTD 3 Minute Thesis competition. Well done and congratulations Zeynep! She will go on to represent SUTD in the Singapore-wide edition of […]
- “It’s all in the timing” got featured by Yale-NUSOur “It’s all in the timing” ToCHI paper just got features on a Yale-NUS press release. The project behind “It’s all in the timing” started back in 2017, as a student […]
- “(M)ad to see me?” paper accepted at UbiComp (IMWUT)In our paper “(M)ad to see me? Intelligent Advertisement Placement: Balancing User Annoyance and Advertising Effectiveness”, we propose Perceptive Ads as an adaptive ad placement strategy that strategically determines the presentation, the placement and the behaviours of ads based […]
We are looking for highly motivated PhD students and undergraduate/masters interns who love working at the intersection of computer science, design and people!
Please contact us at sutd DOT hci AT gmail DOT com.
More information on PhD scholarships can be found here:
© 2020 SHUAILab