Who WE ARE
SHUAILab or the SUTD HUman Augmentation & Interaction Laboratory, is a Human Computer Interaction (HCI) research lab, located in the Singapore University of Technology and Design (SUTD). SHUAILab stands for Our research interests are broad, but we tend to focus on interaction with mobile and wearable devices, assistive technologies, virtual and augmented reality. The lab was founded by Kenny Choo and Simon Perrault, who are faculty in the Information Systems Technology and Design pillar in SUTD.
- Zeynep won 1st prize at the SUTD 3MT!Our lab member Zeynep won 1st prize in the SUTD 3 Minute Thesis competition. Well done and congratulations Zeynep! She will go on to represent SUTD in the Singapore-wide edition of […]
- “It’s all in the timing” got featured by Yale-NUSOur “It’s all in the timing” ToCHI paper just got features on a Yale-NUS press release. The project behind “It’s all in the timing” started back in 2017, as a student […]
- “(M)ad to see me?” paper accepted at UbiComp (IMWUT)In our paper “(M)ad to see me? Intelligent Advertisement Placement: Balancing User Annoyance and Advertising Effectiveness”, we propose Perceptive Ads as an adaptive ad placement strategy that strategically determines the presentation, the placement and the behaviours of ads based […]
- Our Input Methods for Soft Keyboard Hotkeys was accepted at Mobile HCI 2020We are very proud to announce that our paper “Investigating Performance and Usage of Input Methods for Soft Keyboard Hotkeys” has been conditionally accepted to Mobile HCI 2020. In that work, […]
- We got 2 Accepted Papers at AVI 2020Our lab got two accepted papers at AVI 2020. The first one, Pose Estimation for Facilitating Movement Learning from Online Videos presents a system that allows people to workout from home […]
We are looking for highly motivated PhD students and undergraduate/masters interns who love working at the intersection of computer science, design and people!
Please contact us at sutd DOT hci AT gmail DOT com.
More information on PhD scholarships can be found here:
© 2020 SHUAILab